Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Machine Learning Engineer | Team Lead
Req #: 190012136
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The successful candidate will bring their expertise and advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes, specifically in the areas of application, data, and infrastructure disciplines to create resilient, smart solutions for your clients. As the Machine Learning Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for financial control and budget management. Your collaborative leadership style will allow you to work across teams and with teams to development meaningful relationships in all business functions to achieve common goals. The ideal person will be a senior software engineer responsible for leading and driving the support of Corporate Data Scientists. You will :
* Enable and directly support our data scientist's technology and platform needs, including enabling them to take advantage of big data and cloud technologies.
* Developing a platform for data scientists to quickly build, train and deploy machine learning models at scale.
* Building reusable components for common machine learning problems and deploying them as containerized services.
* Supplying architectural and engineering support to our partner team of data scientists and other product teams who want to integrate with our platform.
This lead role will be part of a globally distributed team of Data Scientists and Engineers in New York, Delaware, Houston, London, Glasgow and India. Your job will be to partner with Data Scientists in Corporate to help them deliver the best AI/ML solutions. You will lead your team in engineering rock-solid machine learning components and providing data assets that will be leveraged to create these solutions. As the lead in the Dallas Corporate Center, you will also be expected to recruit, train and mentor engineers to build up a high-performing team. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in machine learning to move further into the field.
This role will require a wide variety of skills and experiences including:
* A BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematical, or Physics related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
* Strong client focus with excellent communication skills and proven experience building long-term business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
* At least 12 years of experience with hands-on software engineering.
* A minimum of 5 years of hands-on leadership of high-performing, agile-based engineering teams
* 2 or more years of experience in Artificial Intelligence or other machine learning enabled technology (i.e. text-to-speech, voice/vision recognition, Natural Language Processing, Predictive Algorithms, etc.)
* Strong Python and Java and/or Scala programming skills.
* Experience in Big Data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL).
* Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and be detail oriented while remaining organized to perform at high standards
* Experience with cloud-native architecture and container orchestration (particularly Docker and Kubernetes) strongly preferred
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.