Avionics Systems Engineer 2
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Systems (ISR Systems) is one of three L3 business segments, is an industry leader in the missionization, modernization, and maintenance of aircraft and ground systems, with more than 65 years of experience in developing complex intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance systems; command and control systems; and secure communications. We provide a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment
L3's ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30 unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber, and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40 locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
Avionics Systems Engineering position as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on airborne and ground-based ISR platforms. Interfaces with the customer, program management, other Systems, Test, Development, and Project Engineering personnel to understand new baseline functionality.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions to avionics systems.
* Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
* Software Engineering positions require evaluation of software requirements, performing software design, coding and testing, and proper configuration management of software baselines. Individual positions require one or more of the following: - Windows 10 (C , C#, Java, XML, or SNMP) - Windows 10/7 Visual Studio environment using C# and .NET. - Experience with object-oriented design concepts and techniques - Knowledge and experience with all phases of the full software development life cycle
* Provides technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development.
* Plans and executes integration & testing in a Systems Integration Laboratory and on airborne and ground-based platforms.
* Verifies and validates new baseline functionality while ensuring legacy functionality still works as intended.
* Supports field team deployments for delivery, installation, and sell off of avionics systems.
* Plans and executes periodic SIL and platform upgrades to new installation, wiring, and equipment configurations.
* Follows existing standards to document system testing status and anomalies with the system. Verifies fixes to system anomalies.
* Interfaces with customer personnel to ensure their satisfaction with system performance.
* Works with management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish assigned work.
* Provides regular status updates for ongoing work efforts to keep management and customer informed.
* Systems Engineer will perform installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment, and administration of Customer LRUs related to aircraft avionics systems; coordinate version upgrades and software fixes; troubleshoot and resolve system problems and performance issues.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters degree preferred.
* Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance which requires US citizenship.
* 2-5 years' experience with Computer science degree
* Programming experience in C/C /C#
* Physical requirements: Must be able to climb aircraft stairs and ladders. Some lifting required.
* Able to read, interpret, create, and maintain spreadsheets, charts, reports, investigation and test plans, and procedures.
* An intermediate to master proficiency level with MATLAB. Familiarity with configuration management software is a plus
* Experience presenting design and project information at periodic reviews as well as recommending improvements to existing designs
* Willingness and ability to perform flight test duties onboard customer ISR aircraft.
* Ability to pass an FAA Third-Class FAA flight physical, altitude chamber training, and abbreviated local flight-related training for Land/Water Survival, Emergency EGRESS, etc.
* Knowledge and experience in generating system level requirements and block diagrams, with subsequent allocation to product level requirements, aircraft installation specifications, and integration & test plans.
* Understanding and recent experience with requirements management, utilizing a tool such as DOORS considered a plus.
* Experience with avionics and platform certification to DO-178 & DO-254 considered a plus.
* Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, et al) to generate work products
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.