Software Engineer - Aero
(Direct and Contract Labor)
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of three L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Link Training & Simulation is a world leader in providing platform operators and maintainers with total training solutions that improve training effectiveness and efficiency and lower life-cycle costs in a secure cyber environment. L3 Link's innovative solutions provide a full spectrum of state-of-the-art training technologies, including high-fidelity immersive simulations, as well as distributed academic and interactive courseware. The company, headquartered in Arlington, Texas, has delivered military and commercial training systems to customer locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim.
Link Simulation and Training is looking for aero, flight controls, propulsion and dynamic modeling software engineering talent who will design, develop, document, test and debug applications for real-time aircraft simulation products. This is a hands on software/Aero engineering position.
You will demonstrate success by:
* The successful candidate will develop high fidelity, scalable, physics-based Aerodynamics Software models for training systems Real-Time simulation applications
* Entry level engineers will support functional requirements implementation for software systems
* Create new simulation models using established and new modeling techniques
* Design, develop, code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
* Troubleshoot and maintain existing simulation models. Apply software engineering principles to complete assigned tasks and schedule commitments
* Complete work with a reasonable amount of direction
* Apply sound engineering principles, develop innovative solutions and participate in design reviews
* Prepare, check and coordinate release of support documentation to appropriate program and company standards
* Communicate status/issues along with solutions/recommendations to lead engineers
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* DoD Secret Clearance is required
* BS in Aerospace Engineering, Aerodynamics, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science or equivalent required
* Intermediate level of C and/or other high order languages
* Ability to navigate and develop basic scripts in LINUX
* Version control over code
* Must have thorough understanding of aerodynamics effects, weight / balance, drag, atmosphere and equations of motion
* Basic understanding of dynamic modeling and simulation required
* Must exhibit creativity and strong problem-solving skills
* Must possess the ability to work within and positively contribute to a team environment
Preferred coursework experience
* Flight performance, dynamics, stability and control analysis
* Propulsion system analysis
* Structural dynamics
* Computer Aided Engineering Tools
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.