As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work collaboratively with avionics engineers to ensure that the planning, development, and verification of controller hardware and software for Blue's rocket engines satisfy mission assurance objectives. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of engine avionics development, testing, verification, and engine system integration and operation. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop and implement plans and processes to assure that flight avionics satisfy mission assurance and quality objectives.
* Contribute to the development of system requirements, verification, and traceability.
* Participate in engineering requirements, design and process reviews and make recommendations to enhance software assurance and quality.
* Collaborate with hardware, software, and propulsion engineers on the development of fault analyses.
* Interface with external customers and regulatory authorities.
* Support rocket engine ground and flight test.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
* 5+ years system development and integration experience - preferably with avionics hardware and software.
* Experience in the development of system requirements and verification.
* Knowledge of current systems engineering and integration tools and methodologies.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with one or more of the following standards: NASA-STD-8719.13, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-278, RTCA DO-254, MIL-STD-882E, ARP-4754, or DoD Joint Software System Safety Engineering Handbook.
* Experience developing or testing software in real-time embedded systems, control systems, device drivers, mobile devices, or communication systems.
* Experience with safety-critical systems development (automotive, aerospace, medical, etc.).
* Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS.
* Experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE).
* Strong understanding of and experience with C, C++, and model-based software development.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.