We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Support project/program management on large initiatives and over time, will begin to manage small projects.
What you'll do:
* Assist with managing project forecasts and reconcile with actuals, including invoice processing
* Track resource allocations and actuals
* Assist with the creation of presentations to project/program leadership
* Manage project documentation in SharePoint and Confluence
* Calendar and plan for meetings and workshops
* Publish meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, track risks and issues
* Assist with the tracking of business and technical deliverables and keeping the project plan up to date
* Facilitate project meetings and collaboration with Scrum Teams and other stakeholders
What you have:
Required minimum qualifications include:
* 1 to 3 years of commensurate experience
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to build a strong partnership and trust with Project Managers and Directors within an organization
* Highly organized and able to manage a large number of tasks at once
* Able to work independently, seeking guidance at appropriate times
* Aptitude with financial data, attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, influencing, and prioritization skills
* Knowledge of MS Office 2010 (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) plus MS Project 2010
In addition, ideal candidates will also have the following desired qualifications:
* BA/BS degree
* Strong knowledge of SharePoint and Visio
* Background experience in financial services industry
* Experience with and understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile/Scrum
* Project management experience with emphasis on software development and business process redesign, including knowledge of technical environments
* Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: Project Management-less than 2 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.