Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd Svrd NB, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. We are moving towards a Test Driven development and Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo and Bitbucket. The Software Developer in Test must be able to perform in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
This position will be part of Digital Services Technology team at Schwab and we will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you'll do:
* Provide accountability on the technical strategy for testing and quality assurance on mission critical enterprise applications
* Develop and maintain enterprise scalable test automation frameworks
* Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous test automation
* Drive a continuous improvement mentality to deliver robust performance testing strategies and methods
* Promote excellent development practices for coded test frameworks, to include participating in code reviews and source control management
* Design test automation for web services, APIs, and web-based platforms
* Partner with scrum team members to provide technical guidance on creating agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab's SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
* Maintain tools used in during test development including source control, test management and release systems
* Mentor peers and staff on quality engineering, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
* Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and vendor partnerships
What you have:
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
* 2-5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance or Software Engineering
* 2+ years of hands on experience automating build and release certification tasks as part of DevOps practices and behaviors
* 2+ years of hands on testing experience in Business Process Management workflows
* Understanding of QA practices (black box testing, risk based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
* Strong technical competency in an OOP language such as C#.NET/Java or an expert in test automation tools preferably in a Java/Maven environment and the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Zephyr, Confluence), Selenium or other industry leading tool sets
* Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
* Working knowledge of Agile, Iterative development process and methodologies is essential
* Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
* Strong problem-solving skills including ability to disseminate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Bamboo/GIT etc)
* Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber or SpecFlow is a plus
* 1+ years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture Quality Assurance, and thorough knowledge of testing API orchestration layers and Real-Time Messaging interfaces such as RabbitMQ
* 1+ years of experience developing or testing applications on the PEGA platform
* Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.)
* Experience in developing or influencing the development of scalable automated framework(s) that orchestrate enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-less than 2 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-less than 2 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.