Line2, eVoice, eReceptionist, & Onebox are app and cloud-based business communications services that gives you a second line to text and talk on any of your mobile devices. The system offers full-featured IP phone services with a real number and full messaging capabilities, all over Wi-Fi or cell data networks. Add in business focused call and text management features and we are positioned to disrupt the way people manage and use their business and personal phones.
j2 Global is looking for an energetic and knowledgeable Senior Backend Engineer to take our industry-leading business communications and messaging to the next level. You will take over and expand the abilities of the web site and dashboard application, keeping it on the cutting edge and supporting our growing customer base and marketing efforts. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and implementation of our cloud architecture. If you're passionate about web technologies, have published work, and are interested in making an innovative product even better, we want to hear from you. j2 is a fast-growing company with a useful and disruptive product, and your contributions will matter to our customers.
Our technologies include C#, Python, SQL, AWS (Lambda, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Cloudwatch), Google Cloud, Azure, Docker, and we have a suite of custom scalable web services built with .NET.
* Work with project, product, and marketing to define project requirements.
* Flexibility in working hours to sync up with offshore teams is required. Our voice team has people around the global.
* Perform code reviews.
* Develops, codes, programs and debugs software application programs using designated programming languages and technologies.
* Conducts detailed and documented design, development and testing.
* Collaborate with Product owners, QA and other Developers to create robust and solid software.
* Periodic off-hours production support required.
* Self-driven engineer who takes pride in ownership of product quality and features.
* Strong communication skills and ability to interface with Product, Development, Customer, and QA teams.
* Build out new features while evolving the existing user experience of our customers.
* Develop in a cross computer, multi-tiered application environment accessing Web Services.
* Participate in Agile software projects, delivering running code as the gauge of your productivity.
Job Requirements and Experience:
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
* Comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical team members.
* 5+ years experience with production APIs and proficiency in at least one language. We use C#, .NET, Python, and C++ and welcome new ideas and platforms.
* Experience with complex systems, scalable architectures, and asynchronous programming.
* Experience with databases, experience with optimizing queries and performance.
* Experience with unit and integration testing and continuous integration.
* Experience with containers, orchestrators, automated configuration management tools, AWS, and Devops a strong plus.
* Experience with monitoring, automated testing a strong plus.
* Experience with Telephony a plus.
* Experience with billing software a strong plus.
* Education in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
* Document design, testing, and requirements-gathering processes and procedures.
* Must be able to perform in a dynamic fast-paced multi-team environment.
* Self-managed, but be able to follow direction with a positive attitude.
About j2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.