JP Morgan Chase
Asset & Wealth Management F&BM Quantitative Model Developer Vice President
Req #: 190055268
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The AWM Quantitative Model Developer role will be a key member of a team responsible for developing econometric and statistical models to support business functions and regulatory requirements across the Asset and Wealth Management line of business (AWM). This role is primarily focused on core modeling through the full development cycle of Econometric and Machine Learning models. The models developed are used for business strategy, internal strategic forecasting and regulatory forecasting (CCAR, DFAST, ICAAP) across the full spectrum of Asset Management and Wealth Management products and businesses, including deposits (balances and rates paid), brokerage, institutional and retail assets under management (AUM) and their associated management and performance Fees, mortgages and HELOCs, earnings-at-risk, etc. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate and learn from a collegial, experienced and fast-paced quantitative research team, be exposed to Asset & Wealth Management's full portfolio of products and businesses, access to senior leadership, and gain a strong understanding of our business fundamentals.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Actively interact with a team of econometricians, data scientists and business experts to develop predictive models for various product offerings within Asset & Wealth Management.
* Support ad-hoc modeling exercises and analysis.
* Analyze, validate, and benchmark the performance of various advanced quantitative models.
* Perform ongoing development, testing, and maintenance of econometric and statistical models that meet internal and regulatory standards.
* Perform data extraction, exploration, sampling, and statistical analyses.
* Assist in the drafting of technical model documentation and internal research reports.
* Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Economics, Finance, Statistics)
* Minimum 3 years relevant work or research experience.
* Strong coding proficiency, preferably in a scientific language (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB).
* Experience with econometric modeling and Machine Learning techniques and theory.
* Experience working with large data sets in a database environment.
* Excellent communication skills-both written and oral-with the ability to distill complex model information into clear, concise English.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and intellectually-demanding environment.
* Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with experience working with large data sets.
* Thoroughness and attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and strong work ethic.
* Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, to clearly present analytical findings.
* Strong collaborative, teamwork ethic.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.