Vice President - Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
Req #: 190062043
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
* Hands-on development of user stories and work closely with development teams across geographical locations
* Participate in technical and functional design of solutions for our business partners and stakeholders in the Managed Solutions and Strategies as well as Discretionary Products business areas
* Work directly with end users on user experience design and workflows. Ensure designs are consistent with firm standards and our overall application suite.
* Produce software design documents for internal component design and internal/external interface specifications.
* Strengthen the software delivery process based on the Agile principles. This includes: Scrum, Test Driven Development, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployment.
* Provide Level 3 support when necessary.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Demonstrated design & delivery of software with a focus on User Experience (UX).
* Prior experience working at a large tier global financial institution
* Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner
* Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
* Java (Core & EE, Spring Core, Spring Boot, JUnit)
* Web Services ( REST, SOAP)
* SCM & Build tools (Maven, Jenkins, Git, Subversion, SONAR)
* Cloud Computing (Cloud Foundry)
* Scripting languages (Bash, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
* Testing tools (Cucumber, QTP, Selenium, Mockito, DbUnit)
* Agile project management (JIRA)
* SQL and RDBMS systems (Sybase & Oracle)
* Experience with micro services, integration patterns and messaging technologies (e.g. JMS, MQ Series, Mule)
* Experience with caching solutions such as Gemfire and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra.
* Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Business Driven Development (BDD) using frameworks such as Cucumber.
* Experience with job scheduling technologies like Autosys and Control-M.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.