Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
* Participate in the engineering of new solutions and features.
* Provide proactive solutions to address potential issues.
* Proactively investigate and participate in discussions regarding new technologies and their impact.
* Build relationships with members of multiple Engineering, Development, Operations, and Architecture organizations.
* Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards following Agile Scrum/Kanban methodology.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues
Required Skills for this position:
* Working knowledge of related technologies such as: Internet Information Server and Active Directory
* Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
* Developing applications utilizing .NET framework 4.5.
* Good working knowledge of object oriented design.
* Able to write technical documentation.
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Solid attention to details and highly organized.
* Relationship building skills.
* Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts.
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
* Experience with data base design, stored procedures, views, and user-defined functions.
Preferred Skills for this position:
* Familiarity with the following tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, MS Teams, Slack
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.