Rsm Us Llp
As a part of our Technical Accounting Automation practice, RSM has an opening for an ASC 842 Consulting Director focused on lease accounting software solutions. This individual will provide leadership and expertise throughout the sales and delivery life cycle including: providing sales cycle advisory perspectives regarding potential lease accounting software solutions, leading vendor selections or fit analysis projects, and performing quality assurance roles throughout the implementation life cycle. This is a client-facing and practice management role focusing on the sale, implementation, and support of ASC 842 lease accounting systems and related leading practices.
The ASC 842 Consulting Director should bring an understanding of the lease accounting vendor market and the pros/cons of the different systems; experience surrounding the sales cycle for technical accounting software; experience performing fit assessments and software selection projects; understanding of key changes regarding ASC 842 technical accounting, process, technology and reporting changes; and significant experience designing and implementing technical accounting software systems. It is important that this person have demonstrated ability for working effectively with technical accounting experts in an integrated fashion to connect technical accounting requirements with technology requirements.
* Provide guidance through the sales cycle regarding lease accounting software solutions and related implementation considerations for minimizing risk, driving value and effective implementations
* Be actively involved with our technical accounting experts in scoping, proposing, winning work and delivering services surrounding lease accounting software solutions
* Lead technical accounting software fit assessment and selection projects
* Provide expertise during implementation life cycle to drive effective implementation -- including active quality assurance oversight throughout design, testing and implementation project stages
* Lead additional optimization projects and expand RSM services opportunities in alignment with client strategy
* Help in further developing a Technical Accounting Automation center of excellence within our Management Consulting practice
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required
* Significant hands-on, functional experience with lease accounting software applications
* Technical experience designing and implementing lease accounting software systems
* Significant knowledge of various lease accounting software and their relative strengths/weaknesses based on client requirements
* Experience scoping and selling solutions
* Technical knowledge of key changes related to ASC 842 accounting regulations, required processes, technology, and reporting changes
* Ability to effectively collaborate with technical accounting, technology and tax teams
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* CPA Designation
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9192
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: MC Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req9192
Location: One South Wacker Dr Ste 800, , Chicago, IL US
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Current Openings
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Rsm Us Llp
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.