Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Data Science and Analytics Team
Arity Data Science & Analytics combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering with business expertise. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter, and more useful transportation a reality.
This role will support our production scoring pipelines for a portfolio of key Arity models in a paired programming environment. Data Analytics Engineers at Arity work closely with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to develop infrastructure for our massive repository of data. As part of a product team, you'll execute new ETL work tracks from inception to solution, supporting technical expertise with strong business acumen. You'll also be responsible for data manipulation and interpretation to help bring business solutions to scale. Success in this highly dynamic role depends on your ability to be flexible, curious, and quick to adapt.
* Develop and deliver data sources and infrastructure to support the needs of predictive modeling and analytics as part of a cross-functional team
* Connect raw data to business meaning and understand data generation and flows in the context of business impact. Communicate anomalies and work towards resolution
* Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
* Oversee the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs of moderate complexity
* Ensure prototypes meet the organization standards to allow transfer to production, if applicable
* Solve problems with a multidisciplinary approach, combining technical expertise with business knowledge
* Pair programming with software engineers on a semi-frequent basis
* After-hours production support
* Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Architecture, or equivalent experience or skills
* 2 years of coding experience
* Desire to work in a paired programming environment
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
* Experience with Python/Scala/Spark or R
* Experience with SQL
* Demonstrated success working collaboratively on large projects
* Advanced data sourcing and content management skills
* Experience in time and task management
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
* Experience mentoring junior team members
* Experience with advanced SQL, advanced Scala
* Experience with Flink/Cassandra/Kafka
* Experience batch scripting
Allstate Insurance Company provides insurance services.