Healthcare is an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy. We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate, comprehend care choices, and understand what it costs. We believe that a dedicated group of engineers can apply modern technology to change all of this to make healthcare work better for everyone.
We're looking for an experienced Architect/Principal Engineer to help build healthcare's new workforce health management platform. In this role, you'll lead the architectural vision for our platform which allows our clients, partners, and members to interact with greater accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. If you want to play a role in replacing the legacy mainframe systems, FTP servers, and arcane file formats that power traditional healthcare systems for something better, come join us.
What you'll do:
* Lead multiple teams of software engineers working on developing core systems that help us run our claims adjudication platform.
* Work closely with our health plan operations teams to understand their workflows and rapidly deploy new software solutions to save manual effort
* Work collaboratively with a team of product managers, data scientists, and designers to deliver great software
* Report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with our teams in our SF and Chicago offices.
* Spend your time working on a product our members love (industry setting 75 NPS) that has a significant impact on the health and happiness of our growing member population.
What we're looking for:
* 10+ years building and architecting reliable, cloud based software systems
* 8+ years of hands-on software design and development experience
* You're a clear and persuasive communicator in writing and in person
* You've been technical lead for teams of 20+ engineers with experience coaching engineers at the individual and team level and leading change in the organization
* You have a track record of attracting and developing great technical talent
* You care deeply about the development and growth of the engineering organization
* Experience working with our toolset -- our application is a distributed system composed of dockerized java and node.js microservices running on AWS
* Prior successes defining and delivering large, complex software systems over multiple releases
* Prior experience in healthcare, insurance, payments, or similar domains is a plus
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients-including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more-our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors.
About Collective Health
Collective Health is a provider of a cloud-based employer self-insurance platform.