The End User Experience Architect owns the lifecycle of domain roadmaps, which are developed through collaboration, are based on data driven measurements and align with our business objectives. The Architect is a strategic thinker and technologist who is instrumental in transforming how IT services are leveraged to support company growth. The Platform Engineering organization is responsible for deploying new capabilities within infrastructure and enterprise applications to Salesforce employees. You will have a user group of 40,000+ Salesforce employees and business partners relying on your strategic designs and roadmaps.
Do you have a passion for delivering innovative user experiences using technology? This role is responsible for the architecture of global enterprise solutions spanning multiple technology areas related to End User technology. This is a critical role in the Business Technology (BT) organization that will support our Client endpoints, Collaboration services, Virtual Desktop/Application services, and Authentication/Security services. You will help us solve problems around end user productivity, technology sprawl, balancing security with user experience, integrating platforms, and enabling our technology to scale for Salesforce growth expectations. You will work with BT customers, partners, and peers to ensure business value is delivered with standard and supported technologies with the appropriate level of enterprise integration and -ilities (e.g. reliability, manageability, scalability, etc.).
* Work within a team of architects in developing our architectural practice around roadmaps, frameworks, reference architectures, and artifacts.
* Work with Enterprise Architects, Product Owners and other Solution Architects to align on strategic direction, translate business requirements into your roadmaps and participate in planning how roadmaps will be realized.
* Seek consensus from subject matter experts before making key architectural decisions in technology, processes, and people topics.
* Participate with engineering leads in the design process to insure detailed designs adhere to and are consistent with the target architecture.
* Lead evaluation of next generation technologies by conducting RFI, RFP, and POCs.
* Perform an annual update of the vision, values, methods, obstacles, and measures (V2MOM) for End User Experience domains.
* Conduct a quarterly update of the End User Experience technology roadmap.
* Participate in business partner and vendor product roadmap development as a method of realizing our vision.
* Participate in the architecture community of practice, BT technology talks, external events, conferences, and customer briefings.
* Define the global strategy for delivering a consistent end user experience , across client endpoints, mobile devices, collaboration services, endpoint security, directory services, authentication, and virtual desktop/application services.
* Collaborate with the business, engineers, administrators, operators, and support staff to ensure technology architecture is realistic, secure, supportable and usable.
* Be an evangelist for new product features as well as voice of customer for internal customer needs
* Be a champion of cultural change, process change, and skill set training required to transform and scale the teams supporting End User Experience.
* Create, publish, and enforce end user technology guidelines and principles.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
* 11+ years progressively responsible experience as an engineer and 3+ years as an architect in end user hardware and software technologies
* Experience working in Agile / DevOps organizations
* Experience working with ITIL, ITSM, TOGAF, or similar frameworks
* Experience working in heterogeneous technology environments (preferably with a high volume of Mac endpoints and SaaS services)
* Experience working in highly secure environments with active participation in negotiating security risk with business value or operational impact
* Be a thought leader in the architecture space, leading efforts to define, advocate, and present solutions that meet customer requirements and ultimately deliver business value.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interface with internal customers and establish strong, collaborative partnerships with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and executives.
* Detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture.
* A self-starter who inspires others with their work ethic and drive.
* The ability to mentor, foster and instill architectural and engineering principals, skills, and practices
* Ability to assess a situation and provide guidance at the strategic as well as tactical level.
* Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text)
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.