What you'll be doing...
We have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Operations Engineer supporting strategic commercial and federal clients across the region who are using our various Identity & Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solutions. This is an opportunity to work with the Verizon Managed Security Services (MSS) team that is operating on the cutting-edge of information security. You would work as a part of a larger, global, follow-the-sun team. You'll be involved in day-to-day management of applications, responding to incidents, and responsible for general maintenance and service delivery of the applications services.
* Service operations support and lifecycle management and delivery activities for applications services
* Work with peers and customers in incident management, problem management, and change management.
* Provide senior lifecycle management for our secure identity services environments and identity services, utilizing experience and knowledge of operating systems and applications services
* Advise on, and participates in, the selection of strategic technology choices.
* Interact effectively with internal & external personnel including clients, Sales, Product Management, Project Managers, Product Engineering, Compliance and other cross-functional teams.
* Delivers service-ready solutions along with requisite documentation, consistently follows processes and standards.
* Supports entire managed service lifecycle including hands on involvement with Incident Management, Problem Management, Release Management & Change Management.
* Interacts with Compliance personnel to maintain managed service solutions, processes and documentation in a rapidly evolving compliance climate.
* Develops and maintains advanced knowledge of key applications (e.g. PKI, Linux, Apache/Tomcat, Oracle, LDAP, Java).
* Supports security roles and functions as necessary for multi-person access rules
* Participates as part of on-call rotation
What we're looking for...
You Must Have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant experience
* 4 or more years of experience with web application troubleshooting
* 4 or more years of experience with linux administration
Even Better If You Also Have:
* Experience with all aspects of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) related products, technologies and standards
* Webserver and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, ColdFusion)
* Linux & Windows Server administration experience
* LDAP administration
* Oracle DB, SQL scripting
* Hardware Security Module technology (primarily nCipher)
* Scripting experience (for example UNIX shell scripting, Perl, PHP, etc.)
* OS & application hardening; security vulnerability remediation
* RestAPIs and Web Development Languages
* Strong understanding of security and relating technologies
* Nagios and related monitoring solutions
* Virtualization technologies
* ITILv3 Certification
* Active Security Certifications such as CISA, SANS and/or CISSP certification(s)
* Provide strong conceptual and analytical skills
* Works independently, reporting to management
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing with all levels of clientele
* Excellent organizational skills
* Experience working with secure managed services or products
* Understanding of web application integration
* Must work collaboratively in a team environment with emphasis on knowledge sharing
* Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, multi-tasking effectively with discipline and attention to detail
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.