What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Cloud Architect you will be responsible for developing and driving our cloud computing strategy along with Introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud services, cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies. You will work with the development teams and other stakeholders to drive and enable the migration and refactoring of on-premise applications to cloud native design and deployment methodologies. You will also be mentoring and working with both senior and junior developers and architects to bring them up to speed on cloud architectures including modern programming languages, microservices and container based deployments. As a Senior Cloud Architect the expectation is to provide teaching and mentoring to development teams and other architecture team members.
* Cloud standards, DevOps / CI-CD tool chain and Standard Operating Environment (SOE).
* Define, implement and enforce the Cloud Standard Operating Environment, Cloud standards, and associated tools/platforms/frameworks for the NTS portfolio, in coordination with IT-wide efforts (GTS) and Technology Architecture and Planning.
* Drive Proof-of-Concepts and implementation, with hands-on involvement as SME, for new SOE items: build AWS deployment automated pipeline, build automated next gen CI-CD pipelines partnering with development teams, build and integrate new technologies like containers enabling multi-cloud and preventing cloud provider lock-in, etc.
* Contribute to, and influence, IT-wide definition and enhancements of AWS and other public cloud platforms customization, standards and best practices for Verizon: define NTS portfolio specific requirements and drive solutions to address them, represent the NTS portfolio in IT-wide coordination, etc.
* Represent Verizon externally in conferences/summits. Build partnership with startups and other external companies to understand tool offerings, how we can integrate and benefits to Verizon.
* Understand and build on emerging industry trends and how it works with Verizon.
* Cloud Architecture, Strategy; Execution
* Define and execute the NTS portfolio strategy for public and private Cloud migrations, DC consolidation and on-prem evolution, in alignment with overall IT strategy and directions. For execution of strategy, will partner cross-functionally with project managers and teams in/out of NTS.
* Plan and drive Public Cloud Migration: TCO including projections and budgets, application assessment, security concerns and resolution, network concerns and resolution, review Checklists with apps owners, Ops, Dev, Test, DB teams, identify appropriate migration paths, etc.
* Define and enforce in the NTS portfolio the Public and Private Cloud architecture and best practices: availability; redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery, DB and Interfacing Systems, etc.
* Educate NT portfolio teams about Cloud standards, migrations and SOE.
* Drive training sessions (CloudTrainVZ program) and code labs with dev teams.
* Be SME and expert / referent across NTS portfolio for all Cloud technical hands-on questions, with an initial focus on AWS.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Five or more years of systems design experience with at least three or more years of experience with cloud technologies like AWS and related, in production environment and at scale.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related IT field.
* Five or more years of experience with coding/development activities.
* Experience in driving Cloud migration and strategy. Experience in driving new infrastructure technologies from proof-of-concepts to full production implementation.
* AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate.
* AWS Certified Developer Associate.
* AWS Certified Sysops Administrator Associate.
* Any AWS Pro exams.
* Ten or more years of experience in Cloud Platforms.
* Eight or more years of experience in the Telecommunication industry.
* Demonstrable experience leading software developers, systems or process analysts.
* Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal and writing), influencing and negotiation skills.
* Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions for solution buy-in at various levels and gain consensus.
* Ability to break down complex topics into simple to digest information and data points, adjusted to audiences at various levels.
* Ability to create system and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, inter and intra system dependencies within the functional domain and across them.
* Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions.
* Ability to broker solutions for issues between functional domains, senior leaders.
* Recent experience on network principles in multiple areas: wireless networks, RF transmission techniques, optical transmission, IP routing and protocols, PON and wireline access technologies, etc., successful recent experience in engineering / operations in large network deployments, SME knowledge in one or multiple network domains.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.