Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Manufacturing Cloud team design and develop comprehensive set of products and solutions for all types of manufacturing companies. Our solution helps firms compete in today's global market by providing new and better tools to run their shop floor. With margins for products eroding and customer demands increasing, manufacturers must adopt modern best practices to increase business agility, enable insightful decision-making, and achieve more, with fewer resources. Built on a modern cloud platform, our solution provides manufacturing and supply chain materials management with integrated quality, embedded analytics and '2-click' ease of use, enabling outstanding user productivity and excellent return on investment. Cloud, desktop, tablet, mobile, scanning and social technologies are combined to provide the state-of-the-art solution for manufacturing companies. Our solution can transform customers' business.
* Possess BS/MS or BE/B.Tech. or ME/M.Tech. degree in Computer Science or related/equivalent field
* Possess 8 years of previous software engineering or related experience required; experience in product development is a strong plus.
* Experience of coding, debugging, performance tuning and testing skills in one or more of the following: Java, J2EE, JS, XML, SQL, PLSQL, Web Services, REST, Service Oriented Architecture.
* Very good understanding of Oracle Database, Performance Tuning and database design
* Ability to excel under pressure
* Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
* Demonstrate technical understanding of direct area of responsibility
* Possess experience in implementing projects using good project management concepts
* Deliver consistently projects on time and with a high degree of quality
* Articulate clearly solutions to business problems within one or more domain areas
* Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
* Meet division and/or product family release dates and follow release processes
* Provide early warning of issues and recommend corrective actions
* Optimize functional and organizational priorities in development plans
* Improve product quality by improving processes
* Interact with external customers/suppliers without supervision
* Assist customers to be successful in the use of Oracle product
* Drive improvements to defined processes and standards
* Analyze and provide tactical solutions to complex problems
* Deliver results that meet or exceed expectations
* Manage assigned project tasks effectively, completing deliverables on time with quality
* Report on research results of features, concepts, and functionality of application product
* Mentor junior employees
* Provide technical and functional guidance to junior team members
* Promote cross-functional teamwork to achieve overall Oracle objectives
* Demonstrate good presentation skills
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives
* Participate in inter-group / inter-product meetings to manage dependencies
* Identify, recommend, develop, and create new project opportunities
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.