Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
AI/ML SRE Lead
Req #: 190060194
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. It is on the transformation journey to be a client-centric technology driven company over the last few years. With an annual tech budget of $10B+, it has started significantly investing and building in the next generation core infrastructure, data and AI technology.
As the next push into this investment, JPMC is hiring the best talents to join the newly-formed AI engineering team. We are executing like a startup and building the next generation technology that combines JPMC unique data and full service advantage to develop high impact AI applications and platforms in the financial services industry. We are looking for people who are excited about the opportunity.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Manage a team of software engineers focused on improving and promoting the availability, stability and performance of our infrastructure, systems and applications.
* Leads the design, analysis, development, support and/or delivery of AI/ML products and services
* Cultivates trust through personal and team relationships with senior management and key stakeholders inclusive of MD's and responsible for periodic reporting, KPI reporting
* Troubleshoots priority incidents, conducts post-mortems and ensures permanent closure of the incidents
* Engages with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability
* Designs and conducts the performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and the capacity demand
* Contributes to the definition of the strategic roadmap and its execution; inclusive of R&D of emerging industry trends
* Applies analytics on the past data like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions
* Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Deploys the software and product upgrades
* Facilitates maximum speed of delivery by objectively binding to error budgets of the service
* Manages the effort split between manual operational work and engineering work
* Be part of the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Articulate complex AI/ML and data science problems and comfortable presenting solutions to Senior Management in business language while driving resolution
* Embrace & promote cultural embodiment of group and firm
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in computer science
* A minimum of 8 years of hands-on leadership of high-performing, agile-based engineering teams
* 6+ years of experience architecting integrated stack solutions (storage, network, compute) within an enterprise scale production environment
* 6+ years of experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter and Blaze meter etc.
* Experience in Anaconda, Jupyter, open source framework.
* Experienced in at least one programming language, preferably python
* Cloud computing: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Service, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
* Experience working in an Agile Development environment
* Experience in setting CI/CD pipeline.
* Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
* Familiarity with AWS ML/Sagemaker, Azure ML, Google AI would be preferred.
* 8+ years of incident resolution experience in an large scale operations environment
* Experience in big data technologies.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
If you're interested in work that makes a difference, then apply today.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.