Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
* Architect and build low-latency, fault-tolerant applications to improve site availability and uptime.
* Work with large data sets from some of the largest and well-known publishers and advertisers in the world.
* Use test-driven development in order to help us write robust solutions to complex problems.
* Harden existing application code and ensure new code meets strict security standards.
* Ability to construct and analyze relational database queries to extract insightful data from large datasets for use in the API.
* Solid understanding of good object-oriented design, both in theory and practice.
* Experience with programming in Python or PHP.
* Experience using a debugger to walk through a running Python application is a big plus.
* Familiarity with MVC frameworks such as Flask, Pyramid or Django.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.