Manage people for product development programs or projects focused on the delivery of a product through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers.
Manage people for product development programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers. Plan and direct resource schedules as well as project budgets. Monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product/program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management, providing negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area preferred. Eight or more years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering TPM (technical program manager) to join our efforts in reshaping the cloud services landscape across industry verticals and driving our plans and requirements to revolutionize the delivery of Cloud Services. The OMC (Oracle Management Cloud) SaaS Cloud Service provide monitoring and management solution for Data Centers.
As a TPM, you will be working across a hybrid team that understands our business and its objectives, to lead us through planning and designing technical solutions to solve the business's problems in a very agile, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. The position relies heavily on influence rather than authority to drive project deliverables.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and has notable experience collaborating in cross-functional teams. We are looking for a self-starter technical leader with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new projects. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud. You will partner closely with peers, developers, and customers to create new solutions, while simultaneously evolving existing product capabilities.
This position requires deep technical knowledge and hands on program leadership in managing innovative development, implementation and deployment processes across Oracle Cloud SaaS and PaaS offerings. You will plan and direct schedules, monitor budget/spending and manage projects from initiation through delivery. You will lead and organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
With your deep technical and program management experience, you will shape not only the future of cloud development and adoption at Oracle - but influence the global developer landscape in key vertical industries.
Expects Results: Consistently drives high standards across peers, the team, and the organization to accomplish key goals.
Communicates and Influences: Clearly communicates information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused and compelling way. Willing to offer intellectual mindshare.
Is Analytical and Instinctual: Compares information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Uses data to make decisions but also understands that instinct plays a part in innovating. Always uses good common sense combined with Emotional Intelligence.
Possesses Strong Technology and Architecture Acumen: In-depth understanding of technology, architecture leadership and software development with the ability to draw from personal experience to make recommendations.
* You will be joining a team of program managers that are leading and guiding multiple functions and programs including Application Performance Management, Log Analytics, DB Management and DB Analytics and several others.
* You will define project scopes and schedules while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* You will collaborate closely with our partners in program and product management to understand our customers and build the right solutions and products that makes their needs and businesses complete.
* You will work closely with your partners and peers who consume our services for management, monitoring, diagnostics and analytics of their applications.
* You will partner closely with your peers in both SaaS and OCI engineering and operations to drive the right architecture, designs and deployment optimization to ensure SaaS applications and services are secure by default and using the latest cloud security innovation, protocols and components.
* Deep technical understanding of product architecture, engineering, deployment, and operation best practices.
* Demonstrated knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google IaaS, SaaS and PaaS services.
* Ability to work across and engage individuals and teams located across multiple geographies and or cultures.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and Development/Engineering individuals at all levels including the executive level.
* Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating.
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
* Strong experience of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
* A proven track record of successfully implementing software or engineering projects using Agile methodologies while managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development/engineering environment with multi-function teams.
* You thrive on collaboration. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with peers, engineers, operations, product managers, executives, and designers and inspire them to do their best.
* You are passionate and experienced as a software cloud professional. You engage with your peers, the industry and experts to stay current on research, latest tools and technologies.
* You are customer focused. Our success is based on customer satisfaction (internal and external) and how we build customer empathy in our culture, in our execution and our results.
* You make people successful. It is not about the "I", it is about the "team" and making the broader team and the organization successful. As technical leaders we focus on making our fellow team members as productive and empowered as possible to ensure optimized execution and results.
* You are open and transparent. We are a team that open, honest and shares openly with ourselves and our customers to build trust.
* You seek learning and feedback. You are self-critical, you proactively seek out feedback. We lead by example and share feedback and learnings in a safe and productive way that focuses on improvements, root cause analysis and never blame as the desired result.
* You make things happen. You own and are accountable for delivering the execution to the overall strategy and missions of the organization.
* And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to driving security innovation and world class engineering in the SaaS Cloud security space.
Advanced degree in computer science or related field.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.