About the Role:
PlanGrid is on a mission to build the future faster by creating beautiful software for the trillion dollar construction industry. Construction is one of the oldest industries on the planet, and right now it is stuck in the past. We're changing that by building tools that automate the mundane tasks around collaboration, planning and version control (think version control for blueprints). Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
We are open to remote engineers!
About our Tech Stack:
We are currently re-engineering our Android app to make the code cleaner, faster, more reusable, and more testable. As part of that we will be targeting Android API level 19. We use SQLLite for our database layer as well as several of Square's libraries such as OkHttp, Retrofit for easier networking. For high speed rendering we use OpenGL and will be considering using native code (C++ via NDK) if and where it makes sense.
You will also be expected to work with other teams, not just Android, and their stack is extremely diverse so you will get exposure to lots of technologies including, but not limited to, iOS, Python, PostgreSQL, Mongo, and .NET.
As an Android Engineer, you will tackle difficult and interesting challenges for Android. Things like:
* Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
* Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
* Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools that work great on mobile Android devices (both phones and tablets)
* Have at least 3 years of Android or client side Java experience
* Have the passion and dedication to write highly performant and reliable code
* Love solving tricky problems
* Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
* Team player - you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
* Located in San Francisco's Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
* 401k + Company matching
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* $500 annual wellness reimbursement
* Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Dog-friendly office
* Catered lunches 3x/week
* We provide paid parental leave for both parents
* Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid's mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data - including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid's software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries.
Join us as PlanGrid and ACS advance Autodesk's leadership in construction.
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk's Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
PlanGrid is a cloud-based app that allows users to store blueprints and construction documents on iPad and iPhone.