Partners Data Systems
About the Team
At Stitch Fix, our data science team leverages machines together with expert-human judgment to generate innovative recommendations and insights that innovate the way the company functions and helps our clients look and be their best selves. As a member of the analytics engineering team, you'll be enabling our data scientists by contributing toward a clear, concise data model as well as enabling our business partners with well-formed solutions to enable accurate decision-making in a scalable way.
About the Role
* You'll help us to define, build and maintain a clear, concise data model
* You'll work with Spark to create, optimize and maintain efficient and reliable ETL jobs
* You'll contribute to documenting the right source and definition for our metrics
* You'll dig into the questions being asked by our business partners to understand the problem and help form the right metrics to solve it
* You'll work with business partners to understand business problems and help to devise scalable solutions to meet their needs
We're excited about you because…
* You have a strong experience in building out scalable BI capabilities and data models.
* You have the ability to take ambiguous data questions, translate into a clear analytical plan, and produce concise summary output that includes recommendations based upon core findings.
* You have 5 or more years of project experience with significant contributions.
* You have exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in SQL and Python/R/Scala.
* You work autonomously and take ownership of projects.
* You are naturally curious and get excited to dig in and understand how things work.
* You have the ability to identify what's important, and what's not.
* You are highly skilled in data visualization (big plus).
* You are familiar with using Spark and Presto to access an S3 data warehouse (big plus).
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
* We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
* We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
* We are a technologically and data-driven business
* We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Transforming the way people find what they love"
* We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
* We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
* We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
* We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
* We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
* We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
* You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.