Partners Data Systems
Job ID R1902058-1 Date posted Feb. 21, 2019
As a VMware Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Systems Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of technical sales engineers. The team is geographically dispersed among the Western half of the United States so we are flexible on where you are located, as long as you are open to travel.
As a Systems Engineering Manager at VMware, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware's Software Defined Data Center Solution set to include Cloud Management and Virtual Cloud Network Solutions. You will be completely focused on selling the value of the VMware Software Defined Data Center Solution set.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
* Set regional priorities and policies
* Presents to strategic customers
* Manages SE headcount and recruiting
* Need to be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
* Present VMware SDDC vision and technologies, strategy, and product road-maps to executives, technical management and technical engineers.
* Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
* Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures.
* Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects.
* Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of SDDC products.
* Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers.
* 8+ years' experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, Healthcare and service provider environments.
* 5 years management experience (people management, leadership)
* Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer.
* Understand and articulate the impact of Cloud Automation, Cloud Operantions and Network Virtualization and Security to existing and future data center and cloud architectures.
* Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM.
* Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation (vRA), vCloud Director (vCD)
* Understand Datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
* Ability to communicate with Cloud Architects
* Ability to communicate with Network and Security Architects
* Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management.
* Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
* Ability to manage numerous Customer Proof of concepts and coordinate desired results
* Ability to deliver basic SDDC training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
Preferred Skills and Traits:
* Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to your team
* Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
* Competitive by nature
* Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation.
* Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.