A Financial Analytics Data Engineer for the Finance team is puzzler at heart paired with the technical know-how to effectively execute on multi-tiered requests. They combine a deep technical fluency with strong communication skills to productionize the data transformations and reporting needs that provide the foundation of Wayfair's multi-billion dollar financial filings. They are hands on writing and owning robust, scalable code that provide the best in class approach to generating the foundation of figures for the company's income statements, deployed across and consulting a range of terabyte scale data warehouses.
Starting with strong business instincts and gaining robust system knowledge, adding in close collaboration with stakeholders, and bringing to the table an expertise in efficient data movement, storage, and SQL fundamentals a Financial Analytics Data Engineer can translate the raw data generated from diverse sources into cleaned, curated data sets that provide maximum value to the business, thereby providing deeper insights and analysis on top of the financial reports and figures.
What You'll Do
* Interact with and uphold a systemic lock for financial data across the entire company
* Provide support for and execute data integrity requirements and corrections in line with S-OX requirements and GAAP regulations
* Build reporting products that provide the core financial reports for Wayfair
* Interact with a wide-array of challenges related to post-order fulfillment operations
* Enjoy a wide latitude to recommend and implement creative solutions for new initiative integrations and process improvement
* Execute deep dives and diligent testing on data sets to understand their content and build trusted, accurate data products
* Optimize performance of queries and data transformation processes by leveraging an understanding of data structures and algorithms
* Investigate and identify the root causes of data inaccuracy
* End to end ownership of data pipelines, including: business requirements elicitation, data model best practices, implementing changes in SQL, gaining DBA support, coordinating with full-stack engineering teams, and backfill/conversion of existing data
* Partner with business-oriented analysts in the design and implementation of best in class key metrics, analyses, and dynamic insights
* Report on data health and data quality metrics as they are processed by custom ETL and full-stack frameworks to ensure data sets are accurate and trusted
* Evangelize and implement best practices for robust, sustainable development including source control and optimization techniques
What You Have
* 5+ years of professional work experience in a technology, start-up, data warehousing, or other analytical role
* Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
* Intermediate to advanced SQL experience including writing complex queries, user-defined functions and stored procedures, as well as tuning query performance
* Familiarity with core principles of database design and efficiency, such as star schemas or normalization, and an understanding of the resulting trade offs
* Experience developing complex ETL workflows and data marts, including normalization, de-duplication, and data loading
* Extracted actionable insight from complicated data sets with unstructured data, text, or data duplication
* Ability to architect, schedule, and monitor large-scale data pipelines and transformations
* Comfortable extracting business insights from high volume heterogeneous data on distributed systems or large SQL databases
What You Are
* Collaborative, approachable, and understanding; a team player who can work with individuals of varying technical aptitude
* Attentive to detail and excited to be responsible for mission-critical reporting
* Able to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks, constraints, and trade-offs, propose potential solutions, and drive toward resolution
* Experienced with modern development practices such as agile and source control systems
* Excited about working with data and design scalable, robust solutions
What we'd love to see (but isn't required)
* A familiarity with the full suite of Microsoft server tools - SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
* Familiarity with BI reporting tools such as OLAP cubes, Tableau, or other standard BI platforms
* Experience working with version control, peer code review, and agile sprint-based work streams
* Previous work with a distributed database systems like Vertica
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
* Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
* Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
* AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
* Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
* Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.