Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. The Big Data & Messaging team is part of the larger data infrastructure team at Wayfair. This team is looking for smart, passionate and curious people who are excited to help us scale, support and engineer our distributed analytic and streaming infrastructure. With the broad reach of the technologies we are using you will have the opportunity to grow your network and skills by being exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies.
As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for leading an organization of high performance DevOps engineers in defining, designing, development, test, deployment, and operation of large scale distributed systems. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication and collaboration skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced and ever growing environment. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your team, defining the technical strategy and product road map for your organization, as well as defining, measuring, and reporting on your organizations key performance metrics.
What You'll Do:
* Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
* Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering organization
* Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership and peers
Who You Are:
* Experience building automation for everyday repeatable and time taking tasks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
* Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
* Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
* Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
What You Have:
* Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required
* Big Data: Hadoop (Cloudera or Hortonworks distribution)
* Messaging: Kafka or RabbitMQ
* Streaming and Batch Processing Platforms: Spark, Storm
* Configuration Management: Puppet, Salt, Ansible
* Operating Systems: Linux and Windows
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.