Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world's leading security screening provider, Rapiscan Systems provides state-of-the-art products, solutions and services to meet our customers' most demanding threat detection needs.
Rapiscan is seeking two new Algorithm Engineers; one senior level and one junior level. The location for both positions can be in Fremont, CA or Torrance, CA - depending on your preferred location!
The Algorithm Engineer will investigate new detection techniques for explosives, nuclear materials, narcotics and other threats for homeland security. Will lead the development of automated detection algorithms for contraband in air/sea cargo and passenger baggage in aviation screening applications.
* Design, develop and test algorithm and image processing software for x-ray machines.
* Turn general requirement definitions into functioning software independently.
* Communicate and collaborate with other development team members and comply with Rapiscan Systems' internal software development processes and procedures.
* Responsible for delivering fully functional software per schedule as agreed upon during project's planning phase.
* Develop automated detection algorithms based on analysis of x-ray images (low-energy, high-energy and multi-energy multi-view transmission, backscatter, Computed Tomography, etc.).
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct.
* It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or closely related degree, Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
* 3+ years of relevant experience highly desirable (Level and salary determined by years of experience and degree).
* Experience in computer vision, machine learning, and image processing.
* Experience in security and/or medical applications or related field preferred.
* Strong coding skills with Python, C, C++ in Windows and Linux.
* Capable of testing, evaluating, and validating software/ algorithms.
* Experience with Google TensorFlow neural networks a plus.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About OSI Systems
OSI Systems is a company that provides electronic systems and components.