Rapiscan Systems | AS&E, an OSI Systems Company is seeking a Director, Business Relationship - Cargo, based out of Billerica, MA.
We are proud to be a trusted provider of advanced X-ray technologies for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities and critical infrastructure all over the world. Be a part of our mission to provide our customers with best-in-class cargo and vehicle screening systems and services so they can combat terrorism, trade fraud, drug and weapon smuggling, and illegal immigration.
The Business Relationship Director (BRD) is responsible for working closely with line of business (LOB) managers and staff to understand the goals, challenges and needs of the business. The BRD should be well-versed in the business plans and objectives of the organization that they serve. They should understand what applications are most needed and how best to fit them into the business strategy. The BRD will work with global business process owners (GBPO's) to ensure that the processes adopted in the business are in line with the global business template and serves as a conduit between the business team and the GPBO's. Cargo BRD is responsible for all Cargo business departments and locations and will need to make use of the global business analyst team to effectively serve the needs of the customers.
The BRD will lead efforts to select, design, configure, test and train applications and the processes that align with them where appropriate for their customers. In this role, the BRD will manage minor to medium-sized projects and will enlist the aid of the global business analysts to effectively manage these efforts as needed. In addition, the BRD will serve as a key business analyst on major projects that affect their businesses and in this capacity, they will report to the global project manager.
The BRD will act as tier 3 customer support for applications that impact their customers. Further, the BRD will work with the team of global business analysts to provide local tier 3 support in regions where they cannot be present. As a result, the BRD will be responsible for coaching and providing guidance to the team of global business analysts and will be expected to coordinate their activities effectively. The team of business relationship managers and analysts should serve to extend the reach of the BRD throughout Asia, EMEA and the Americas.
The BRD will serve a critical role in the appropriate design and implementation of applications and business processes to maximize productivity and meet business goals. All BRD's will work closely to translate business and IT goals into specific solutions that are consistent with IT applications methods and standards.
The BRD should display excellent written and verbal communication skills and should be able to effectively run meetings with various levels of staff and executives. The BRD should be able to present ideas effectively and facilitate discussions to a meaningful and productive conclusion.
Implementation experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, experience in MS CRM and field service a plus. The BRD will be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of business process design, project management, and IT application development standards. The BRD will rely upon experience, good analytical skills, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals under direct supervision of VP IT Applications.
* Bachelors Degree or equivelant relevant business experience.
* This position requires twenty years of Information Technology experience; including 15 years business analysis/application management experience using ERP systems.
* Understand corporate goals and translate them into key IT projects that are effectively budgeted, staffed and implemented.
* Weigh and prioritize needs of all customers - internal and external - and plan work and projects in a fashion that maximizes customer satisfaction.
* Work with Global Business process Owners (GBPO) and IT application technical teams to develop appropriate business and technical requirements that result in the appropriate solutions for the customer.
* Work with GBPO's to ensure that the needs of the business customers are met - both in deliverable as well as in on-time completion.
* Manage the workload and growth of the global business analysts by setting priorities, effective delegation, and balanced management of tasks and projects.
* Follow commonly adopted IT standards and methods for the design, testing and training of applications.
* Serve as a key business analyst on major projects (reporting to the global project manager) that affect their customers.
* Assist the applications and operations teams with the design and implementation of business continuity and disaster prevention planning and testing.
* Work with IT staff and business departments to construct data models and database designs that meet business needs.
* Document business requirements, test plans and training plans and materials.
* Team with business leaders and staff to lead the improvement of key business processes.
* Promote the clear understanding and effective use of technology, specifically applications throughout the company.
* Provide expert technical guidance to IT peers, IT leadership and other departments regarding business process design and improvement and the use of enterprise applications.
* Grow the in-house IT expertise in the areas of application and process design by seeking training and joining expert associations.
* The physical demands required for this job are representative of those required in most IT roles where lifting and moving equipment and fitting into tight spaces is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
* It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
This position includes an education verification as part of our background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About OSI Systems
OSI Systems is a company that provides electronic systems and components.