AI Research Careers at BBN: Hiring at all levels of experience
Opportunity for an AI Researcher to pursue their research interests in a technically diverse R&D organization. If you are a recognized researcher in the Artificial Intelligence community and have experience pursuing external funding from government research agencies, this position is an opportunity to shine in building the "next wave" of AI technologies at BBN.
Goals and Responsibilities for Early-Career AI Principal Investigators
Integrate your existing AI research thrusts into BBN and collaborate with others to win new contracts to grow your own line of business.
* Lead your projects, as well as grow your team of collaborators and implementers
* Distinguish yourself and BBN to customers by performing cutting edge research
BBN is particularly interested in speaking with applicants who have published highly unique work that is not yet part of the AI mainstream. Additionally, researchers who have established research teams and a line of business are encouraged to apply.
* New AI research thrusts: If your work has the potential to greatly impact the "next wave" of AI in a way that is fundamentally different from current machine learning approaches, special support may be available to extend the runway needed to grow your work. This may include your own lab, internal funding, and support structure.
* Established Researchers: Exceptional candidates who have already achieved early career milestones will be compensated at an appropriate level. If you wish to move your entire team to BBN, small group hires will be considered.
All qualified candidates (both early-career and other special applicants) will have a strong publication record, experience writing and winning grant proposals, experience successfully executing projects, an ability to lead small teams, and a passion for their work that motivates others to pursue the same goals. Successful candidates will have a history of working on DARPA and/or IARPA programs, resulting in an understanding of those organizations' goals, as well as relationships with program managers and other performers in the field. Success in building this new AI group will depend on your energy, creativity, and success in both scientific and personal relationship capacities.
Raytheon BBN Technologies, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is one of the nation's premier research and development laboratories and earned the 2011 National Medal of Technology and Innovation "for sustained innovation through the engineering of first-of-a-kind, practical systems".
You will have the ability to connect your AI research to teams working in other BBN areas, including synthetic biology, quantum computing, networking, RF systems, Natural Language Processing, etc. We seek applicants who can apply their AI research into these areas and others.
* Requires an advanced technical degree, Ph.D. in an AI relevant field
* Relevant publications at conferences and in journals
* Experience writing funding proposals related to AI topics
* Preference given to those with experience working on government funded research programs
Preference given to those eligible for a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
141240 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of the nation's premier research and development laboratories, awarded the 2011 National Medal of Technology and Innovation by the President of the United States "for sustained innovation through the engineering of first-of-a-kind, practical systems".
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Research & Development
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.