At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day-and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We're a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that's why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you're passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
The Project Manager leads client-facing initiatives that drive Adobe Marketing Cloud solution implementation. Working at multiple levels with the Adobe Global Services and Field Sales team (as well as with a variety of key customers and Partners), this strategic role runs all aspects of project planning - from project scope/definition, project planning, timeline measurement and resource allocation. This role collaborates closely with the Adobe Delivery team in management of the hands-on technical implementation process. The Project Manager has direct impact on the revenue generated with Adobe customers - and, will collaborate as needed to maintain as positive a Customer Experience as possible. A critical component to this role is the ability to multi-task, maintain proactive as well as efficient communication, and raise critical issues as well as provide answers to Adobe Customers.
This role is to ideally be staffed from an Adobe office. Targeted locations are San Jose, San Francisco and New York. There is some flexibility to also consider Chicago, Austin, Seattle or McLean, VA.
What you'll do
* Work with customer(s) as well as Adobe Field and Services Sales teams to clearly define and document project scope, requirements and integration points as they relate to solution implementation.
* Handle project Delivery process with key contributors to help run scope and prepare change requests - including tasks, deliverables, landmarks, resources, and estimated costs. Act as primary point of contact for the client(s) throughout the project life-cycle.
* Achieve customer satisfaction through successful delivery of defined project scope. Coordinate/communicate issues across Adobe - which includes Field Sales, Services and Product teams.
* Handle administrative portions of project delivery from inception to closure.
* Collaborate with third-party subcontractors, Vendors and technology Partners as needed.
* Gather and communicate experiences in formal post-mortem - relaying standard methodologies, customer experience and resource feedback to the larger Adobe Consulting Practice.
* Coordinate critical issues across Adobe including sales, services, and product organizations.
* Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
* Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on "add-on" sales opportunities across projects.
What you need to succeed
* Minimum 3 - 4 years of prior experience in a client-facing Project Management role, ideally within an electronic signature application environment. Also desirable is knowledge of Web Content Management, Rich internet applications, Web & Social Analytics, online Ad Targeting and content Personalization solutions.
* 5 - 8 years of proven success in a software-based PM role strongly preferred. Prior experience as a Project Manager within a Saas environment is required.
* Proven ability to understand the impact of technical changes, and, to articulate high level technical solutions to address business problems.
* Excellent problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, resolve them quickly and know when to rely on internal resources to assist.
* An innovative thinker, collaborative business partner, who is well-organized and detailed with strong presentation and reporting skills is recommended.
* Professional demeanor, ability to interact with and lead diverse teams throughout Adobe, and communicating with client managers, directors, and VPs including CMOs and CXOs.
* Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills as well as strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
* Solid understanding of custom software development processes and engagement methodologies. Practical experience in leading agile development projects a plus.
* Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
* Ability to build strong relationships and generate opportunities for repeat business.
* Willingness to travel up to 50%.
* BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
* Prior experience with DocuSign.
* Experience as Consulting Manager.
* Experience managing Agile development projects.
* Prior experience with Adobe Digital Marketing Solutions.
* Prior experience with Financial Force.
* Proven experience managing off-shore teams.
* Certified ScrumMaster, PMP Certification.
Making our technology accessible to all
We believe everyone should have equal access to technology and its benefits. To help achieve this, Adobe is focused on making software more accessible for everyone. When we hire for engineering, development and design roles, we look for the following accessibility skills:
* Base knowledge of the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.0.
* Exposure to current tools used by people with disabilities (screen readers and other assistive technologies).
* Experience with accessibility evaluation and repair software.
* Understanding of input and output modalities used by people with disabilities.
* Familiarity with compliance requirements - state, Federal, international.
What leading at Adobe means
At Adobe, we're passionate about developing leaders at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to people managers. Anyone who's considering a career with us should know that we evaluate leadership based on these five capabilities:
* Demonstrating Strong EQ(Be Aware)- Having a keen sense of self awareness is the foundation of leadership at Adobe. Whether you're an individual contributor or a people manager, you're someone who's insightful and mindful of your impact on others.
* Selecting Talent(Be a Recruiter)- You're a guardian and an ambassador for selecting talent at Adobe! You recommend and recruit only the best. You embrace diversity of ideas, experiences and working styles because you know that diverse teams drive better business results.
* Role Modeling Check-In (Be a Coach)- We don't believe in annual reviews and rankings. That's why, feedback flows constantly at Adobe. To succeed, you'll meet frequently with your manager to receive ongoing feedback, set challenging performance expectations, and pursue continuous development opportunities.
* Leading change (Be an Agent of Change)- You readily adapt to business changes. Ambiguity or uncertainty never seems to stop you from working productively. You're focused on execution and you're always looking at new approaches to resolving issues.
* Scaling the Business (Be an Owner)- You approach your role as if you lead the business. The buck stops with you. Your goal is to always deliver an extraordinary customer experience by listening to feedback and continuously looking to improve efficiencies.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.