TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers' compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you're passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients' business success with extraordinary HR.
The Workstation Administrator II is responsible for supporting, defining and developing all aspects of TriNet's workstation environment. Responsibilities include providing 2nd level hardware and software support for desktops, laptops and printers and following change control processes for resolution and documentation of issues.
The incumbent works very closely with end-users with varying degrees of technical skills in performance of their work. In addition to troubleshooting, the workstation administrator II provides end-user training as well as mentors junior level members within the end-user support tower.
Responsibilities include diagnosing and resolving computer problems and requests from users within established service level agreements. Installing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software. Accurately recording requests and updates into the ticketing system. Establishing configuration standards, desktop policies, application installs, custom software testing, new equipment provisioning, software evaluation, image creation, and patch management maintenance schedules.
* Learn the TriNet culture, policies and procedures, and technical trouble shooting requirements to be able to help with internal customers.
* Provide 2nd level technical support by creating and/or resolving standard and escalated IT support cases. Create and own problem tickets, driving to root cause identification and remediation.
* Troubleshoot problems with network connectivity, web access, Outlook access and basic, Exchange, SQL/Oracle connectivity, ODBC. Work across teams to pull people together to identify root cause and recommend a solution to the team. Solutions will include technical and process changes or require a submission for solution development.
* Document fixes and promote to corporate knowledge base. Understand where inconsistencies are within processes or the environment and bring forward ideas on how to gain consistency. Lead some of these efforts into use.
* Troubleshoot internal applications specific to TriNet. Use and build partnerships with other teams to resolve issues.
* Test and deploy windows patches to client workstations. Work to determine any reasons for not reaching 100% compliance and promote efficient ideas for remediation.
* Train and work with non-technical end-user base, providing new user orientation on basic computer functionality.
* Provide on-site and/or on call weekend support to executive members of TriNet in a professional manner.
* Think "outside of the box" to resolve escalated problem issues/cases.
* Work with the service desk ticketing system to manage work queue and ticket status. Identify trends or process issues to improve SLAs and customer satisfaction.
* Diagnose and resolve client-side hardware problems or failures (e.g. break fix). Identify trends and root causes.
* Develop clear documentation targeted at both technical and non-technical staff.
* Support mobile devices in environment.
* Provide and inventory hardware for new/terminated users.
* Enforce company IT standards and policies. Identify areas that should be considered for updates to standards and policies. Participate in the definition of new standards.
* Assist in packaging and testing of client-side applications for deployment using MS SCCM and coordinate QA testing.
* Identify and remediate client-side security risk to the environment.
* Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the Manager's discretion
* Lead assigned team projects, such as hardware refresh / software application upgrades.
* Coordinate work with 3rd party vendors for warranty replacement/repair.
* Escalate support cases and engage with 3rd party vendors as part of the incident resolution process.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Associates Degree in IT-related field desired, or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): ITIL Foundations, CompTIA and Microsoft Certifications in end-user facing technologies highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience supporting PCs or Macs in business setting.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Must exhibit superior customer service skills. Always must be customer focused when servicing colleagues.
* Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* High commitment to professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
* Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
* Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks and projects
* Working knowledge with all types of client-side hardware (notebook systems, desktop systems, tablets, smart phones, printers and peripherals)
* Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 2016 / 2012 Server, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange Online, SQL, Oracle client, database concepts,
* Solid understanding of network topologies, protocols and adapters (TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, 802.1x, VPN).
* Intermediate knowledge of Apple systems in a corporate environment including Mac OS X, Office for Mac, printer configuration, security, deployment, Active Directory integration. Experience with JAMF Pro preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of iOS and Android mobile operating systems with solid understanding of mobile device management (Intune or similar platforms).
* Experience working with and troubleshooting PC BIOS, firmware, device drivers and peripheral devices
* Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM 2016 and GoToAssist remote management
* Experience with Service Now service desk management system or similar platform
* Experience with programming/scripting languages (Perl/PowerShell).
* Experience with APPV, virtual desktop technologies.
* Experience with Symantec Anti-virus, Nexpose, and Rapid7 security compliance platforms.
Work Environment/Other Info
* Must be able to lift 35 pounds above waist height
* Some overtime may be required as projects dictate
* Up to 10% local and national travel may be required
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.
TriNet is a provider of HR expertise, payroll services, employee benefits, and employment risk mitigation services for small and medium-sized businesses.