Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55853
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
We are searching for a Senior DevOps engineer for our IT team to support our Engineering and Product Development business units focusing on automation and extensive variety of cloud services opportunities while delivering infrastructure DevOps services.
The DevOps engineer is responsible for assisting product development teams to speed development times. This includes responsibility for executing the tools and processes to enable DevOps and will support an end-to-end provisioning process, facilitating automation wherever possible. Part of the DevOps engineer job is to ensure the orchestration/automation layer automatically adds, modifies, or removes any service in a standard and controlled manner based on defined application policies and new services / components are automatically built as planned based on usage patterns. Ideally the candidate should have experience within a wide variety of Cloud Services and process automation.
* Responsible for implementation and management of all infrastructure solutions based on Product Engineering architectural designs
* Manage and maintain software defined infrastructure environment, configuration and build scripts for Product Engineering production environment
* Monitor all events that occur and detect and escalate exception conditions during CI and CD process where Infrastructure impacts applications/platform
* Build and operationally manage all services, including the orchestration/automation layer (Infrastructure - Server and Compute, Backups, etc)
* Maintain operational stability; enforce security measures, testing, development and deployment of new Infrastructure related technologies
* Work with Product Engineering to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application patterns/workflow
* Track and monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure specific services; ensure performance and SLA/OLA adherence
* Coordinate all production systems, information systems, and technology infrastructure necessary to support application/platform prior to deployment
* Monitor all events and take appropriate actions to address and control events, work with Site Reliability Engineer and Services on RCA efforts
* Predicatively and proactively correct events and potential incidents in the (Software Define Infrastructure) SDI environment before they appear (e.g., a rogue application policy or process consuming excessive compute, storage or power)
* Recognize and correct issues with Infrastructure components (orchestration, configuration, elastic services) to maintain service continuity
* Ensure standard build/image for Product Engineering specific SDI services
* BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
* 5+ years' experience in a software defined infrastructure (SDI, SDDC, SDN) environment, preferably architecting IaaS, SaaS, PaaS offerings
* 5+ years' experience using and configuring DevOps tools
5+ years in provisioning Servers within a DevOps process
* Deep technical expertise in a minimum of one domain, e.g. network design and development
* Experience leading teams of technical resources
* Capable of quickly learning new technologies and procedures, as well as being willing to train others in procedures mastered as part of implementations
* Strong knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
* Strong knowledge in XML, JSON and Python
* Guide-Rails and MuleSoft experience is a Plus
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, Developer, Computer Science, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Legal
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a diversified energy company.