Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55361
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
PSEG has multiple full-time opportunities in our Information Technology organization located in Newark, NJ. This is an entry level role that provides college hires the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects throughout the Information Technology organization. This position prepares candidates for advanced information technology positions through challenging assignments and allows them to develop their skills and launch an exciting career in information technology.
In this position, some of the responsibilities will be:
* Provide technical and/or business analysis in support of technology applications
* Analyze simple to moderately complex inquiries, determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve problems, and makes suggestions for improvements
* Responsible for executing smaller projects and/or support tasks and typically maintain a high level of direct client interaction
* Responsible for ensuring audit requirements for the supported systems are met
* Work closely with management, clients, other systems technical staff and vendors in problem solving
* Consult with the supervisor and IT professionals when the appropriate course of action is unclear or a major problem is suspected
* Responsible for operating and maintaining production systems
* Provide technical support and guidance to client and systems areas through consulting, teaching and publication of documentation
* Initiate and coordinate corrective actions. Also, perform related duties as assigned or requested
* Provide support outside of business hours.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
* Experience working in .NET, HTML, SQL, Java, Java scripting or Object Oriented Design
* Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines
* Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
* Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
* Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
* Experience with OSISoft's PI System and application of their product suite. PI ProcessBook, PI DataLink, PI Server, PI Coresight, PI AF knowledge is a must have
* Knowledge of Amazon and/or Google cloud. AWS Cloud Practitioner certification is a plus
* Experience working with IT Ticketing tools, such as, Service-Now
* Prior experience working in Utility industry
* Experience developing business process flows and soliciting business requirements
* Knowledge of testing methodologies and/or project management
* Certifications in technical specialties such as .Net
* Familiarity with SCADA (Supervisory control and data acquisition)
* Familiarity with Linux and Windows, and networking concepts such as IP networks
* Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley controls
PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Consulting, Intern, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology, Entry Level
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a diversified energy company.