Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55490
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
PSEG is looking for talented technology professionals to join our team. Our vision is to power the digital future of PSEG. We are partners with the business and we are driving business outcomes through innovative use of technology. This is an entry level role that provides college hires the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects throughout the Information Technology organization. This position is involved in the full systems life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software and systems. This position is located at either our General Office in Newark, New Jersey or South Plainfield, New Jersey. Will also work closely with Business Analysts and Group Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions.
This position provides opportunity to be involved several product developments such as:
* Analyzes end-user needs and designs, develops and tests software to satisfy demand. Performs build versus buy analysis for business demand.
* Partners with business analysts to translate business requirements to application requirements. May evaluate existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
* Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation; Develops technical workflows using different modeling techniques.
* Collaborates with enterprise architects and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
* Ensures that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
* Analyzes application reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
* Codes applications using a disciplined development process. Works on coding tasks that require skills in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
* Provides daily support with resolution of escalated tickets. Applies operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented. Supports and participates in the software deployment process for new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment
* Learn to execute projects through the PSEG's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and CMMI inclusive of identifying, specifying and analyzing business requirements and processes and managing progress throughout the application design, test and implementation process using Agile and 2 Pizza concepts.
* Work with Product teams in Two Pizza Team approach similar to Amazon product development and CICD model.
* Develop and implement process improvements, Next Best Actions, Automation opportunities, and Pro-active communications for customer care applications.
* Become a subject matter expert (aka Product Consultant) for technical and solution architectures.
* Configure, Design, Develop using Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, Workflows, MuleSoft, and other development tools provided by PSEG
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Information Sciences preferred, or relevant experience.
* Level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
* This is a multi-level position and placement is dependent upon skills, knowledge and experience of the selected candidate.
Technology Professional - minimum 3.0 GPA and at least internship experience within IT in a relevant field
Sr. Technology Professional - at least 2 years of experience of relevant experience within IT field
* Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines.
* Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
* Programming Experience working with or related coursework .NET, HTML, SQL, Java, Java scripting, Ajax, NODE.JS, JQuery, REST API's, Angular or Object Oriented Design
* Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
* Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
* Relational Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB
* Experience designing graphical user interfaces using graphical design tools (e.g. Photoshop, MS Visio)
* Relevant certification is preferred such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Knowledgeable with and general understanding of some or all of the following:
Additional Critical Information:
PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with this position.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Intern, Oracle, Database, Engineering, Technology, Entry Level
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a publicly traded diversified energy company.