Windows Tools Engineer
We are looking for a seasoned engineer that has expertise in using and writing Windows based tools. As a tools engineer (windows specialist), you will help create value for our Global 10000 enterprise customers via our MTA program.
* Enhance in-house tooling to migrate applications from an on-prem Windows environment to containerized Windows platform.
* Work closely with a cross functional team including Engineers, Solution Architects, and Sales to create and update test frameworks to verify that the tool works as expected.
* Work with strategic customers during their modernization journey and ensure a high quality customer experience.
* 5+ years experience working on engineering tools for enterprise software developers.
* 3+ years experience working on tools or systems specific to Windows Operating Systems. Experience with older Windows OSes (2003/2008) is a big plus.
* Expertise in ASP.NET and other variants, IIS and other variants, familiarity with storage, networking, and authentication components in windows based OSes (Network mapped drives, WMI remoting, AD are some examples).
* Strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills including use of tools to analyze product logs and support dumps.
* Experience working with both open source and proprietary tools in at least two languages (examples : C# OR python OR Golang OR Java).
* English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today's organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker's container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.
About Docker, Inc
Docker is a company developing an open platform for distributed applications.