Are you interested in cracking the untapped market of consumables in India and maintains a high bar for customer experience? Our vision is to create a market of local "stores" with Fresh Store in India for full-service grocery selection, Amazon-bestsellers, and local sellers across grocery, wine and spirits, pharmacy and restaurants. Our 3 year vision is to be the largest online ultrafast grocery store in India. Amit Agarwal, SVP India recently made the statement in all the leading dailies "If you ask me the next five years of vision - from your avocados to your potatoes, and your meat to your ice cream - we'll deliver everything to you in two hours. Probably in the next five years groceries and consumables would be more than half of our business"
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions for the consumable program. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of key parts of services. You will have influence on subsystem design and help contribute to a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
You will help us build next generation, Web Applications with bleeding edge front-end technologies, such as React, Redux, and Angular, on top of a cutting edge microservice architecture. You will work closely with our enterprise customers, software development engineers, UX designers, and product managers from conception through delivery on world class applications.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
* Design, implementation, and deployment of key functional areas in the website (front end and middle tier), social/community features, mobile platform and mobile applications.
* Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
* You will work extensively with cross-functional teams across team on the design and development of core platform functionality
* You will work with business teams and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
* You will work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
* Continue to innovate and build solutions to support business growth and launch new features.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
* Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
* Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other competing systems in the industry.
* Contribute intellectual property through patents
* Handle operations and maintenance of front end and middle tier
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.