Be at the center of Amazon innovation with Alexa Voice Services (AVS)! This rapidly-growing business within Amazon offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. The AVS team is looking for a data engineering professional to setup, manage and scale BI infrastructure. Further, this role will work with Business Analyst and other stakeholders to scope, deliver, and maintain business and operational metrics used by the business teams.
The successful candidate will be proficient in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and specifically Redshift Data warehousing solutions. She/ he will possess a strong passion for analytics, setting high standards, and sweating details to ensure timely and accurate data.
Responsibilities: You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL Manage AWS Resources
* Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
* Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
* Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.