Internet Brands is currently seeking a Web Developer to join our Travel vertical. We are looking for someone who will work closely with the product team to develop new features and frameworks for our high-traffic travel websites, specifically Fodors.com. You will play an integral role in maintaining and improving site performance, and will mentor development staff as needed. You will be encouraged to take strong ownership of your work, and given latitude for breaking ground on new ideas.
* Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
* Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
* Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
* Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
* Perform code reviews of your team member's work.
* Mentor junior engineers.
* Participate in software design discussions.
* Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
* Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
* Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
* Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
* Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
* 3+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
* Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
* Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr).
* MVC frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Yii etc.).
* Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
* Knowledge of consuming and creating web services.
* Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS.
* Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
* Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
* Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
* Experience with local development tools like Vagrant or Docker.
* Strong understanding of common Git workflows.
* Experience with application profilers (Blackfire, XHProf, etc.)
* Experience with React or Angular is a plus.
* Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
* Page load optimization.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success - all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands
Internet Brands is an internet media company that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets.