Amazon.com was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. As a member of Virtual Support team, you will be at the forefront of diagnosing and repairing complex technical issues with related dependencies. You will be surrounded by people that are passionate about security and enterprise hardware management, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Specialist in Seattle, WA. The successful Tech Support Specialist will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the virtual space that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The Technical Support Specialist position is the second level of support for the operations of Virtual IT and becomes the voice and face of the IT/Logistics department to our direct support customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History. We help with complex network and computer hardware related investigations, and interface with internal support teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
Do you think hardware forensics is fascinating? Do you ever ponder on the physical backbone that powers internet TV and social media? Are you passionate about driving customer success? Interested in learning new technologies? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Do you love researching new technologies and methodologies? Do you enjoy digging in on the command line to troubleshoot the old fashioned way? Does the idea of investigating a packet loss report in Palm Springs, FL from your laptop in Seattle make you smile?
As a IT Support agent, you'll engage with other technical support staff as well as direct support of Customer Service Agents (CSAs), providing e-mail and phone support. You will interface with other CS teams including Technical Account managers (TAM's), Service Teams and Support. You will be the Subject Matter Expert on hardware related issues, customer hardware complaints, and drive pending investigations into compatibility, product performance, and remote diagnosis. You will work with exceptionally driven, customer focused Technical Customer Service Associates and Technical Support Engineers. You will be the point of contact on Executive level escalations. You will act as a support partner to the Level 2 & 3 First Responder Tech Support (FRST) teams to diagnose, detect, validate, and repair enterprise devices.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
* Being the first line of support for internal tech customers, addressing complex hardware and connectivity issues.
* Performing deep dive analysis on customer contacts to gather lessons learned, and then uses that information to create or improve policies, procedures, and best practice reference materials.
* Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to FRST support and CSA teams
* Working with customer support peers around the globe to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
* Driving projects that improve support-related processes.
* Working with CSAs to understand how they use hardware, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams.
* Acting as the Voice of the Customer for our CSA population, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
* Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
* Field and handle escalated customer issues from Technical Customer service associates
* Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about CS specific product and features
* Making sure internal knowledge reference pages are updated
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.