TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a UI/UX Developer,to join our team on a high-profile project at a Federal agency. Candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal Government Clearance are required for this position.
* Minimum of 3 years strong experience with UX and UI design and development
* Experience with content management systems
* Understanding of design guidelines, government standards, best practices, and standards for User Experience (UX) and development
* Knowledge of information architecture, workflow design, information management, and governance for site usability
* Familiar with functionality enhancement (such as incorporating mobile/tablet responsiveness)
* Experience with Section 508 Standards and Compliance
* Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system and site management
* Knowledge of testing tools and usability testing
* Familiarity with web security best practices
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to act as point person on a high-profile project, to include prioritizing tasks and setting expectations
* Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs
* Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment
* Familiarity providing design expertise focused on usability and graphical design
* Experience gathering and finalizing stakeholder requirements
* Knowledge of other design and prototyping tools
* Knowledge of government IT requirements and standard operating procedures
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
* Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a "Top Workplace" for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.
At TCG, we pride ourselves on being and thinking differently – and we apply this approach to everything we do. As a result, we develop unique solutions that change the way government works.