Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
UI Architect position with the Oracle CX Unity product in Oracle Customer Experience (CX) suite.
Oracle CX Unity brings together online, offline, and third-party customer data sources to create a single, dynamic view of the customer. With built-in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, Oracle CX Unity derives and delivers timely intelligence about your customers so you can optimize their brand experience across marketing, sales, and service. Embedded within Oracle Customer Experience Cloud, Oracle CX Unity is open and extensible for integrating actionable intelligence into partner and ecosystem applications for the fastest time to value.
Learn more about the product at https://www.oracle.com/applications/customer-experience/platform/cx-unity.html
The ideal candidate must have passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of user interface design and web UI performance optimization. The candidate should have a strong sense of the user and their product needs and be capable of making and understanding user experience decisions. The Principal engineer will take complete ownership of the UI functionality; work closely with product managers, architects and engineers to design the product. The candidate must work with cross-functional teams and must have excellent understanding and proven competence in full life-cycle development and delivering high quality software on time.
* Drive the UI architecture of highly complex, streamlined web applications
* Design and develop new product features and enhancements with high quality
* Work with architects to design product features and participate in architecture decisions
* Work with product management team to define new product requirements
* Acquire knowledge of existing code and refactor code as needed to meet the needs of the evolving platform
* Work with the platform, data services and QA teams to deliver high quality product releases on time
* BS/MS/PhD in computer science or other relevant technical degree with 9 years of experience in the industry
* Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to application design, development and infrastructure
* Experience in application development using Java/J2EE technologies
* Excellent object oriented programming, unit testing, debugging and code organization skills
* Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOAP/REST
* Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
* Experience with high volume distributed application development in a SaaS environment
* Expertise troubleshooting cross-browser issues
* Familiarity with XML and JSON
* Familiarity with Agile Scrum or similar methodology
* Familiarity with SaaS a plus
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.