San Francisco, CA
Come join the team working to make twitter.com one of the fastest and most delightful web apps in the world. We're committed as a team to teaching and sharing with each other in order to succeed.
What the team looks like:
You'd be joining a team of about 25 developers, grouped into roughly 5 person squads. We represent a wide range of experience and interests. But we all agree to do three things well:
* We strive to build a strong team that allows us to do and learn more than we could as individuals. Being inclusive is important to our long term success.
* Our goal is for Twitter to be one of the world's most performant web apps/PWAs. Speed is a crucial feature for everyone, and we measure our success by the performance of our application.
* We collaborate to create a codebase that will be a joy to work in for years to come. Let's be responsible together.
We're a thoughtful and motivated team that despite being relatively small, has a large impact on the world. Your skill and enthusiasm will be appreciated and rewarded here.
What you'll do:
We want you to find work that aligns with both the career goals you establish with your manager and the goals Twitter has for twitter.com. But, to be more specific, the kind of things we'd like you to do:
* Get to know your peer developers to understand their challenges in day to day work so that you can move quickly and with empathy to improve all aspects of their work.
* Work with Twitter's infrastructure to ensure that our Node server is running efficiently, and explore opportunities for using the server in new ways (e.g what would it look like for us to support a server rendered tweet?)
What skills will make you successful:
* You're passionate about teaching: We put a high value on learning from each other. You should be skilled at paring and teaching things that you've learned.
* You've got empathy and self-awareness: The foundational trust of all strong teams relies on understanding yourself and others.
* You care about web accessibility: we want to reach everyone everywhere.
* You know web browsers: Twitter.com sees a lot of environments, knowing where there might be trouble, and what trade-offs you can make to avoid them, is expected in this role.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment with arrest and conviction records
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.