MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Partner with development teams to improve product reliability, supportability and recoverability
* Actively participate in system design, platform management, and capacity planning
* Create sustainable systems through automation and uplifts; whilst enjoying doing it
* Manage small-scale tool and automation projects
* Code, script, integrate and test own work
* Identify and build improvements to system behavior, control and monitoring tools
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role or demonstrate equivalent development expertise in software development (tools and automation)
* At least 2 years of software development experience in C++/Java programming language
* Experience with developing applications in a Linux environment, with sound knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
* Hands on experience with Perl/Python or an equivalent scripting language
* Sound knowledge of Sybase or Oracle and SQL expertise, as well as timeseries databases like InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, Prometheus etc.
* Development skills with experience in real time, highly concurrent environments
* Good understanding of the software development life cycle process
* Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
* Understand the potential impact of even small changes on the "big picture" of entire software systems
* Hands on troubleshooting, debugging, coding and optimizing
* Technical writing skills to succinctly communicate SRE ideas to others
* Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
* Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
* Prior SRE/DevOps experience is highly regarded
* Interest in financial markets, technology and the ability to learn
* Passionate about solving operational problems and driving constant improvement
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.