About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
This role is located at Union Point in So. Weymouth, MA. The Tester position is critical to achieving Optimus Ride's mission to provide our customers with a professional autonomous transportation service. This is a customer facing role where you will be representing Optimus Ride and ensuring all safety precautions are taken while operating the vehicle.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need team members to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers, and engage with customers who are eager to be first adopters of cutting-edge technologies and enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
Part-time contractor roles are available.
* Conducting tests with self-driving vehicles in pilot locations with mentorship from the engineering team
* Monitoring all systems in the vehicle during testing on public and private roads
* Safely operating vehicle and following testing plan provided by test engineers
* Providing detailed feedback to the engineering team on test results and vehicle performance
* Building strong relationships with your customers by ensuring an outstanding customer experience
* Comfort with computers and running/operating software from a laptop in a moving vehicle
* Must be at least 21 years old with an active and valid driver's license for at least one year
* Ability to test vehicles for extended hours
* Excellent communication and decision making skills, especially when driving
* Ability to follow test plans with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
* Ability to pass safety driver suitability check and assessment
* Familiarity with Linux operating System and Unix command line interface
* Experience with software testing, following or creating test cases, finding defects and working with engineering to document, reproduce and test
* Previous professional driving experience (e.g. driving for rental agency, limousines, chauffeur, etc.)
* Previous experience working with test engineers and managers
* Previous Operations experience
* Bachelor of Science in a technical field
Optimus Ride provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride develops self-driving technologies.