About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
We are looking for technical program managers who will coordinate and support our engineering teams to ship our self-driving vehicles and software to our end-users. You will work with peers who cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, Draper Laboratories, Zipcar, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need team members to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers who cumulatively have decades of experience in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. You will be engaging customers who are eager to be first adopters of cutting-edge technologies and enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
* Develop technical requirements, roadmaps, and resource plans with leadership
* Project manage complex, cross-team, cross-functional initiatives through the entire project life-cycle
* Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to project stakeholders
* Understand technical implementation at the architecture level, evaluate trade-offs and propose technical alternatives when necessary
* Work closely with inter-disciplinary engineering teams to facilitate and track milestones and progress
* BS/BA in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
* 2+ years experience as a TPM or software engineer in a production environment
* Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software / hardware systems
* Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
* Experience with project management tools like JIRA, Asana, etc.
* Experience with project management methodologies like Scrum, Agile, Kanban, etc.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong interest in self-driving vehicles
* Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
* Experience as a software developer
* Experience shipping products to customers
* Knowledge of certification and testing methodologies
Optimus Ride provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride develops self-driving technologies.