Raytheon Cyber Security Innovations, CSI is seeking an experienced and driven Cyber Test Engineer capable of supporting multiple system-level software projects in a variety of environments. This person will be responsible for verifying the proper operation and reliability of software and reporting any deficiencies, limitations, and risks. Many of our projects are undertaken by small teams in close coordination with customers and follow Agile/SCRUM methodologies. Therefore, testing is a continuous process that often takes part in parallel with development. The Test Engineer must be able to quickly learn new technologies to support their projects and in some cases have the ability to support multiple projects. Competitive candidates will share many technical attributes with that of a Software Developer; however, they will find more enjoyment in breaking software than fixing it.
* Experience testing system-level applications which may or may not have a graphical user interface
* Design, write, debug, and execute automated test scripts (e.g. using Python, Perl, Bash, and/or Batch)
* Basic understanding of networking (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL)
* Write, track, review and verify resolution of defects (e.g. using JIRA, Mantis, etc)
* Design, write, review, and execute test plans, procedures, reports, user guides, and other technical documentation
* Effectively communicate testing status to technical leads, software developers, program managers and customers
* Effectively communicate testing strategies to customer contacts during test events and product delivery
* Minimum of 1-4 years applicable experience that includes 1+ years of Android testing experience
* Ability to read and review code in Python, Bash, etc
* Linux system administration
* High proficiency with Bash and Python is a plus
* Experience using virtualization technologies (eg. VMware, Virtualbox)
* Experience using network analysis tools (eg. Wireshark, tcpdump)
* Requirements analysis & management
Required Education (including Major):
* BS degree; preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
* Equivalent work experience will be considered.
U.S. Citizenship is required. Qualified applicants must have a current TS/SCI government security clearance.
135659BR 135659 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.