The Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Center is looking for a Director for the Integrated Communication Systems Mission area. The Director is responsible for full life cycle management of the systems engineering organization across multiple product lines with a total value of over $1B. This role will report directly to the Center Director for the SEIT Center, and will manage a staff of Department Managers with responsibility to the Product Area Directors, Senior Technical Staff, and support staff. The total systems engineering staff allocation to the ICS SEIT Directorate totals around 250 engineers.
This role requires detailed knowledge of the SE process and application of SE principles to all phases of the life cycle from Capture to Production. Candidate will be required to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the Mission Area products, Mission Area capabilities, Capture process, and a deep overall understanding of the systems engineering methods required to deliver integrated solutions for the represented mission area.
This director will manage the day to day and overall requirements to support successful alignment and ownership of the Systems Engineering areas of responsibility, including - but not limited to:
* Ensure that the SEIT Center Director is apprised of issues related to execution within the mission area and support needs
* Management and oversight of Department Staff responsible for each Product Area including compliance to all IPDS reviews and gates.
* Review and prepare integrated bids for the SEIT Center Manager
* Review and support integrated EAC Reviews for the SEIT Center Manager •Overall staffing needs for the mission area
* Validation of the Technical Baseline across all ICS Product Areas
* Assignment and management of Product Area Lead Systems Engineering in the early capture phase, working in conjunction with the Capture Excellence Engineering office
* Oversight and integration of engineering bids and proposals across all disciplines, including validation of inputs from other disciplines
* Oversight and integration of engineering EACs and VACs across all disciplines, including validation of inputs from other disciplines
* Successful transition of systems to production
* Working with the other Mission Area SEIT Directors to develop successful integrated bids across the mission area product lines
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED as the selected candidate will be required to have a US Security clearance day one of employment
* 14+ years of engineering experience
* Direct engineering experience with product development
* Experience with process application for the engineering product life cycle e.g. Integrated Product Development Processes
* Strong people and "change agent" leadership skills. Accountability and drive; ability to make decisions, effectively delegate tasks and meet challenging deadlines
* Experience in supervisory/line management, including technical leadership, performance development and career development
* US Citizenship required
* Active SECRET clearance
B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Science, or Mathematics
Location: Marlborough, MA
* This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
142704BR 142704 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.