We envision a Luminex solution in every lab around the world seeking to obtain timely and confident answers. We aim to lead with transformative solutions that uniquely accelerate reliable answers while reducing the overall cost of advancing health.
The Tech Support Specialist - Limited Assignment in Hayward, CA will provide specialized technical advice and troubleshooting to our customers on operations, maintenance and applications for Flow Cytometry & Imaging products.
At Luminex, we place a high priority on developing innovative instrumentation using novel technologies. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced development environment and will be a key contributor to our Flow Cytometry and Imaging Technical Support Team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving skills and be very customer focused. As a key interface between customers and the internal organization, our team aims to increase market presence, emphasize differentiation from our competitors and build upon our reputation for excellence.
As a part of Luminex, you will have the opportunity to advance personally and professionally and enjoy competitive compensation and benefits while helping us meet our business objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
* Remote and occasionally on-site technical liaison to customers
* Address and document customer inquiries and complaints and determine corrective action
* Coordinate with other departments (including Field Service, Sales, Product Managers, QA and R&D) for customer management and issue resolution
* Provide VOC in Product design, implementation and development areas
* Represent company at sales meetings and customer locations, providing technical presentations and demos
* Participate in training programs for Field Specialists and new users
* Stay current in knowledge of company products and the life sciences industry
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a biological or life science program. A graduate degree (MS preferred)
* 1+ years related experience, preferably in the life sciences or biotechnology industry
* Detailed knowledge and practical experience of flow cytometry Instruments and their applications
Training, Skills and Certifications/Licenses:
* Imaging flow cytometry knowledge is preferred
* Customer facing experience is preferred
* Position may require travel - up to 10%
* Must work onsite at Luminex, Hayward, CA office
Luminex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, citizenship status, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, or any other protected characteristic or category protected by applicable law.
* Job Family US
* Pay Type Hourly
* Hayward, CA, USA
Luminex Corporation is a biotechnology company which develops, manufactures, and sells proprietary biological testing technologies and products.