We envision a Luminex solution in every lab around the world seeking to obtain timely and confident answers. We aim to lead with transformative solutions that uniquely accelerate reliable answers while reducing the overall cost of advancing health.
Summary: The Technical Applications Specialist will be responsible for
* Receiving complaints and inquiries from customers and partners for all Luminex supported products.
* Documenting all customer communications, triage complaints as required, and lead investigations for issue resolution.
* Contributing to the maintenance of the Install Base, Knowledge Management database, and all administrative duties associated with Technical Support.
* Performing laboratory duties when needed as part of troubleshooting efforts, coordinating with other departments (Business Managers, Field Service and Field Applications Support teams, R&D and Operations) for customer management and issue resolution.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
* Demonstrate dedication to high quality customer service
* Ensure customer satisfaction by receiving assay, hardware, and software complaints and inquiries, resolving issues or triaging to the appropriate resource to achieve resolution
* Exercise independent judgment to manage customer complaints and inquiries of diverse scope and complexity
* Responsible for managing workload and scheduling to ensure goals and deadlines are met.
* Document all customer calls, emails, and interactions in the call center database
* Perform laboratory experiments in support of product investigations or perform product testing
* Contribute to the Knowledge Management database
* Update the customer Install Base as necessary
* Coordinate with other departments (Business Managers, Field Service and Field Applications Support teams, R&D and Operations) for customer management and issue resolution
* Contribute to CAN, TSB and FSA processes as required
* On-call responsibilities for 7x24x365 operations
* Ability to work non-standard hours; limited travel may be required
* Ensure individual and department goals are met
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, or similar discipline with 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
* Practical experience in a clinical or research laboratory
* Knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures
* Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
Training, Skills and Certifications/Licenses:
* Customer Service experience preferred
* Experience in a GMP environment an asset
* Experience with ISO, USDA, and FDA guidelines an asset
* Proficiency with word-processing and spreadsheet programs
* Familiarity with CLIA, CAP, and JCAHO requirements are an asset
* Must work onsite at Luminex office
* Travel may be required at least 10% of the time
* Possible exposure to mechanical, biological or chemical hazard
* Work is normally performed in a typical office environment
* Work situations include working in teams and independently; making judgments and decisions
* Support Operation that is on call 7x24x365
* Physical Demands: All positions require standing, stooping, bending, climbing, sitting, kneeling, and lifting at least 10 lbs.Additional physical requirements are listed below:
Pounds lifted (up to 20lbs)
* Vision (Color) on the job is required frequent
Luminex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, citizenship status, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, or any other protected characteristic or category protected by applicable law.
* Job Family US
* Pay Type Salary
* Austin, TX 78727, USA
Luminex Corporation is a biotechnology company which develops, manufactures, and sells proprietary biological testing technologies and products.