The Technical Support Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to meet department operational and financial goals.
* Ensures all monthly/quarterly performance metrics are achieved. Analyzes, evaluates, monitors and reports department operating performance data and develops best practices to drive efficiencies. Identifies gaps in processes, knowledge or documentation.
* Monitors monetary allocations to the department's cost center for support and maintenance of different technology. Closely monitors payroll expenses and overtime.
* Oversees the supervisor team and ensures that each employee has the tools necessary to perform their job duties and receives the coaching/mentoring necessary to maximize their potential.
* Communicates business results to senior leadership
* Develop partnerships with internal stakeholders.
* Conceives, designs and leads projects to improve department efficiencies by automating processes or implementing new support channels. Executes and supports initiatives for McKesson Technology including product improvement, upgrades and end of life (sun setting).
* Manages the Business Analysts and ensures proper management of customer impacting events and outages, by collaborating with IT, other technical departments and Marketing to ensure alerts and communications to notify internal and external parties are sent timely to reduce impact to service level
* Oversees new customers technology and automation interfaces for EDI ordering, Controlled Substances Ordering System and ordering devices are set up, and online training is delivered for customer onboardings.
* Resolves customer escalations from the sales field, senior or executive levels.
* Operational excellence: Manages Supervisors, Business Analysts and closely interacts with Subject Matter Experts to ensure the department is meeting or exceeding key operational excellence indicators (i.e. Service Level, Average Speed Answer, Schedule Adherence, Average Handle Time, Abandon Rate, etc) for all support channels available such as inbound phone calls, emails and chat. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate policies and procedures for Technical Support operations.
* Coaching and Development: Provides guidance to Supervisors, and Business Analysts to achieve goals in accordance to established policies. Delivers performance evaluations at least twice a year. Discusses performance, Individual Development Plans and career paths. Closely follow up on agents and subject matter experts IDP's to support success. Coaches, develops and motivates the team with different training and other learning activities.
* Financial excellence: Keeps track and monitors that allocations and other fees needed to be crossed charged from the distribution centers to the department are accurate and posted in a timely fashion and, submit adjustments if applicable,(i.e. FulFilRx, 340B Manager, CSOS conversions, Hardware, Price Files). Monitors payroll expenses, overtime, travel and general expenses and proactively creates new ways to reduce expenses.
* Process Improvement: Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect other areas of the organization. Identifies efficiencies and serve as liaison between business stakeholders, customers, and appropriate vendor and/or IT resources
* Outages and Customer Impacting events: Manages Business Analysts to ensure proper management of customer impacting events and outages, collaborates with IT, other technical departments and marketing to ensure bridge lines are open to discuss actions toward resolution, ensures alerts and communications to notify internal and external parties are sent timely to reduce impact to service level.
* Product upgrades and product end-of life: Collaborate with Product Managers and Project Managers to support initiatives involving the implementation of software upgrades and/or new functionality process related to aligned technologies through strong project management, effective communication, and follow through skills. (i.e. MM100 v2.0 roll-out, CSOS conversion to Adobe Air, CMOP conversion).
* New Customer Onboardings: Lead EDI Specialists to ensure new customer on-boarding for accounts with at least 25M annual spending or more runs efficiently supporting account managers during the implementation, making sure all customer technological needs related to interfaces, EDI, Data exchange, training, mobile devices and, CSOS are met and delivered on time.
* Escalations: Handle escalations from customers, VP's, account managers, Retail Sales Managers to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner and updates are communicated during and after issue resolution
* Reporting: Provide ad-hoc reporting to management teams based on business need as well as creating technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. This includes the ability to turn complex information into easily understood data for the business.
4+ years product applications support experience including 2+ years managerial experience
* 5 + years in Technical Support experience including 2 +years managerial experience
* Experience managing people leaders
* 2+ years managerial call center environment experience
* Thorough knowledge of customer service policies, practices, systems, thorough knowledge of application software support and demonstrates leadership skills.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Self-motivated and results-oriented
* Experience working with salesforce preferred
* Must have well-cultivated soft skills
* Proven ability to lead, mentor and motivate a team of business professionals
* Team player and willing to work in a constantly changing environment
* Effectively communicate results and/or information related to the Technical Support team performance to appropriate departments
* Maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends and processes and disseminate that to the Technical Support Supervisor team
* Participate on cross-functional process improvement teams
* Proficient in all MS Office products
* Strong Analytical and business skills
* Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
* Ability to analyze communications and manage timelines
* Professional business-to-business acumen
* Good problem solving and decision- making skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
BS degree or equivalent experience.
Manager - M3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.