We are seeking iSeries Architect for McKesson Pharma Buying/Forecasting Systems to provide technical guidance & support, implement strategic and tactical plans to achieve desired outcomes. This position provides functional, technical and configuration support for AS/400 or SCORE application for large to mid-sized projects. This role articulates a shared technical and architectural vision for the solution under development for SCORE and DF systems, and participates in the designing / configuring solutions for P2P business processes.
* Collaborate with Product Manager to align teams toward the shared technical roadmap and provides design and technical guidance to the teams on the train.
* Participates in DR preparations and execution.
* Participates in the planning, testing and implementation of SCORE and DF new releases, every other year.
* Actively participates in (almost daily) meetings with the business partners to discuss the business immediate needs, and helping with solutions.
* Establish development standards and best practices, educate, mentor and coach team.
* Influence changes and system enhancements to business processes, policies, and infrastructure to deliver the most effective IT services.
* Mentor, guide and participate in upgrades, take care of necessary data conversations, master data setup in Prod, QA & Training environments.
* Provides design solutions for all interfaces between SCORE and other systems, such as SAP/ECC, DM/Vistex, COMPASS, IDC, BW/BO.
* Develop and maintain strong, cooperative relationships with other IT services groups. Develop and execute plans to drive lean innovative solutions that promote agility and modernize IT.
* Responsible for analyzing the current system functionality to identify and recommend the best approach to develop the required interface(s).
* Participate in detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured. Ensures that any changes to SCORE are fully tested and walk-through performed, reviews all code and test results for any changes that go into production.
* SCORE is a Manhattan associates Demand Forecasting and Replenishment systems, so need to establish positive relation with Manhattan Associates.
* Participates in SOX & Veracode reviews.
* RPG programming experience a big plus.
* Strong AS/400 technical skills and able to understand RPG code. Knowledge of Manhattan Replenishment iSeries and Demand Forecasting is a plus.
* Working knowledge on integrations (EDI, IBM MQ, WebSphere) is a plus.
* Work independently as business analyst and provide technical & functional expertise to developers, QA and project team. Work with IT Architects and business partners in solutioning, configuring, monitoring and scheduling system jobs.
* Work together with other domains (SAP applications, infrastructure, database) to design a solution that meets the non-functional requirements of the solution.
* Strong analytical and communication skills with experience communicating with technical, business stakeholders and nontechnical people.
* Strong problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication.
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
* Demonstrating mature confidence and integrity.
4-year degree or equivalent 7+ years' experience.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.